Monday 24 March 2008

Day 1 - Park Attwood

The car was late picking us up and I panicked over that as the company thought the time was 10:00am and I am sure I arranged it for 8:00am, my sister, Wendy, and I were soon on our way for aweek of rest and relaxation.
We got to Park Attwood after a very smooth journey and were greeted by the people who work there. They all seem very friendly and it wasn't long before Wendy and I met Dr Maurice Orange and Dr Maria Fonseca.
They are so knowlegable and focused on treatments in this clinic and have positive attitudes
towards their work. I found out that the cancer was now at stage 3 which meant it was now heading for the lining of the heart which was a shock and was very hard to take in.
After the consultation we were taken to our room. We had one together which was great and we had a lovely view.
I had my first intravenus drip of Mistletoe around 2:30pm which took around 45 minutes.
Dr Orange and Dr Fonseca had explained that the Mistletoe would create a fever or flu like symptoms to boost the immune system and my immune system will learn that the cancer is the enemy and not a part of me.
I am hoping so hard for this to work, it would be wonderful if it did, I am not looking for a miracle but if I find one, I am not going to turn it away.
Theo has been very quiet lately and seems to be keeping his side of the bargain.
I don't want him to grow any more.....I hope he is listening to me.